By using our website and services, you are agreeing to the following Terms and represent that you have the authority and capacity to enter into these Terms. These Terms require the use of mediation on an individual basis to resolve disputes and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute. Please read them carefully.
Unless otherwise stated, use of our website or associated services does not confer any ownership rights to any intellectual property in our services or the content accessed.
© 2017 Schier Products All rights reserved.
The website located at www.schierproducts.com (“Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to Schier Products (“Company”). No part of the Site may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means unless otherwise indicated. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site must be retained on all copies thereof.
Certain features of the Site may be subject to additional guidelines, Terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Site in connection with such features. All such additional Terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Terms and Conditions
- Account Responsibilities. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account login information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You approve to immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- Access to the Site
- Subject to these Terms, Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited license to access the Site solely for your own personal use.
- Certain Restrictions. You are prohibited from (a) selling, renting, leasing, transferring, assigning, distributing, hosting, or otherwise commercially exploiting the Site; (b) changing, making derivative works of, disassembling, reverse compiling or reverse engineering any part of the Site; and (c) accessing the Site in order to build a similar or competitive website;
- Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or cease the Site with or without notice to you. You approved that Company will not be held liable to you or any third-party for any change, interruption, or termination of the Site or any part.
- Excluding any User Content that you may provide, you are aware that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Site and its content are owned by Company or Company’s suppliers. Note that these Terms and access to the Site do not give you any rights, title or interest in or to any intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressed in Section 2.1. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms.
- User Content
- User Content. "User Content" means any and all information and content that a user submits to the Site. You are exclusively responsible for your User Content. You bear all risks associated with use of your User Content. You hereby certify that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy. You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Company. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability. Company is not obliged to backup any User Content that you post; also, your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice to you. You are solely responsible for making your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- You hereby grant to Company an irreversible, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site. You hereby irreversibly waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
Acceptable Use Policy.The following Terms constitute our "Acceptable Use Policy":
- You agree not to use the Site to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right or any intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Site any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) send through the Site unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages; (iii) use the Site to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users without their consent; (iv) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Site, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (v) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, whether through password mining or any other means; (vi) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Site; or (vi) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to the Site.
- We reserve the right to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account in accordance with Section 8, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Company and its officers, employees, and agents harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third-party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site, (b) your violation of these Terms, (c) your violation of applicable laws or regulations or (d) your User Content. Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Third-Party Links & Ads; Other Users
- Third-Party Links & Ads. The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third-parties. Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. Company provides access to these Third-Party Links & Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s Terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, our liability to you for any damages arising from or related to this agreement, will at all times be limited to a maximum of fifty U.S. dollars (u.s. $50). The existence of more than one claim will not enlarge this limit. You agree that our suppliers will have no liability of any kind arising from or relating to this agreement.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Terms and Termination.
- Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Site at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site in violation of these Terms. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Site will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the following provisions of these Terms will remain in effect: Sections 2 through 2.5, Section 3 and Sections 4 through 10.
- Copyright Policy.
Company respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination of users of our online Site who are repeated infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
- Company respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination of users of our online Site who are repeated infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
- These Terms are subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our Site. You are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earliest of thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to you or thirty (30) calendar days following our posting of notice of the changes on our Site. These changes will be effective immediately for new users of our Site. Continued use of our Site following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the Terms and conditions of such changes.
Dispute Resolution. Please read this Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with Company and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY dispute resolution procedures AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Applicability of alternative dispute resolution. The Parties recognize that disputes as to certain matters may from time to time arise which relate to either Party's rights and/or obligations hereunder. It is the objective of the Parties to establish procedures to facilitate the resolution of such disputes in an expedient manner by mutual cooperation and without resort to litigation. To accomplish this objective, the Parties agree to follow the procedures set forth below if and when such a dispute arises between the Parties
- All claims and disputes in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by the Company that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by formal mediation on an individual basis under the Terms of this Agreement. These Terms apply to you and the Company, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- Notice Requirement. Before either party may seek judicial action, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to the Company should be sent to: 9500 Woodend Rd., 66111, Edwardsville, KS. After the Notice is received, you and the Company must attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally and in good faith prior to pursuing other available remedies.
- If you and the Company do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, the Parties agree to attend formal mediation in front of a certified mediator who shall be selected by mutual agreement of the Parties. Each Party shall initially bear its own costs and legal fees associated with such mediation
- Waiver of Jury Trial. In the event any litigation should arise between you and the Company in any state or federal court, YOU AND THE COMPANY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO A JURY TRIAL, instead electing that the dispute be resolved by a judge
- Jurisdiction. Jurisdiction. The parties hereby agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Wyandotte County, Kansas for such purposes.
- Waiver of Class or Consolidated Actions. All claims and disputes must litigated on an individual basis and not on a class basis, and claims of more than one customer or user cannot be litigated jointly or consolidated with those of any other customer or user.
- Confidentiality. All aspects of the mediation proceeding shall be strictly confidential. The parties agree to maintain confidentiality unless otherwise required by law. This paragraph shall not prevent a party from submitting to a court of law any information necessary to enforce this Agreement, to enforce any mediation award, or to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Right to Waive. Any or all of the rights and limitations set forth in this Agreement may be waived by the party against whom the claim is asserted. Such waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Agreement.
- Survival of Agreement. This Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
- Small Claims Court. Nonetheless the foregoing, either you or the Company may bring an individual action in small claims court.
- Emergency Equitable Relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before a state or federal court in order to maintain the status quo pending resolution. A request for interim measures shall not be deemed a waiver of any other rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- The Site may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, re-export, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Company, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Company is located at the address in Section 10.8. If you are a California resident, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Product of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all Terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal obligation that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hard copy writing.
- Entire Terms. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign these Terms. The Terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Trademark Notice. All trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third-parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Contact Information.
- Address: 9500 Woodend Rd., Edwardsville, KS
- Telephone: 913-951-3300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org